#COVID19 Studies, & Writings
#COVID19 is a worldwide pandemic and crises for all governments and citizens. Technology will and is playing an important role within our respective communities to maintain work, communication, sharing information and more importantly reduce isolation and loneliness for all!
- Marston, H.R., & Morgan, D.J. (2020). Lockdown 2.0: Gunpowder Plot, Digital Christmas, Sex and Relationships. Ageing Issues Blog, 2nd November 2020.
- Marston, H.R., & Morgan, D.J. (2020). Technology & Social Media during COVID-19 Pandemic. Special Issue: COVID-19 & Geriatric Mental Health Worldwide. IPA Bulletin; 37(2). Available from https://www.ipa-online.org/publications/ipa-bulletin/featured-articles/covid-19-bulletin-articles/technology-social-media-during-covid19
- Marston, H.R., & Kowert, R. (2020). What role can videogames play in the COVID-19 pandemic? Emerald Open Res. 2:34. https://doi.org/10.35241/emeraldopenres.13727.1
- Sheerman, L., Marston, H.R., Musselwhite, C., & Morgan, D. (2020). COVID-19 and the secret virtual assistants: the social weapons for a state of emergency [version 1; peer review: awaiting peer review]. Emerald Open Res, 2:19. https://doi.org/10.35241/emeraldopenres.13571.1
- White, P.J., Marston, H.R., Shore, L., & Turner, R. (2020). Learning from COVID-19: Design, Age-friendly Technology, Hacking and Mental Models [version 1; peer review: awaiting peer review]. Emerald Open Res, 2:21. https://doi.org/10.35241/emeraldopenres.13599.1
- Marston, H.R., Musselwhite, C., & Hadley, R.A. (2020). COVID-19 vs Social Isolation: the Impact Technology can have on Communities, Social Connections and Citizens. Ageing Issues, 18th March, 2020. The British Society of Gerontology.
COVID-19: TECHNOLOGY, SOCIAL CONNECTIONS, LONELINESS & LEISURE ACTIVITIES
This study led by Dr Hannah R. Marston and Dr Sarah Earle, and will use an online survey, deployed across mailing lists, and social media platforms to reach as many people as possible. The online survey comprising of 65 questions relating to technology use, community engagement, health and wellbeing, loneliness and leisure activities.
Since April 2020, this study has been scaled up and the online survey has been deployed across Spain, France, Romania, Germany, Austria, Turkey, Malta, Singapore, India, Portugal, and Brazil. For more information click here.
- Ethics: HREC/3551/MARSTON
Funding: this project is not externally funded.
- Marston, H.R., Ivan, L., Fernández-Ardèvol, M., Rosales Climent, A., Gómez-León, M., Blanche, D., Earle, S., Ko, P.C., Colas, S., Bilir, B., Öztürk Çalıkoğl., Arslan, H., Kanozia, R., Kriebernegg, U., Großschädl, F., Reer, F., Quandt, T., Buttigieg, S.C., Alexandra Silva, P., Gallistl, V., & Rohner, R. (Accepted/In press). COVID-19: Technology, Social Connections, Loneliness & Leisure Activities: An International Study Protocol. Front. Sociol. doi:10.3389/fsoc.2020.574811